Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Out of the Woodwork



It didn't take them long to see my absent relationship status on my facebook page.  You know, the lurker dudes who are on your "friends" list (or not!) who never really say anything but who you know are there, hanging around like cobwebs you might have the unfortunate experience of running into one day. 

The first one wanted to dance with me.  Innocent enough, but a.)  I'm not interested and b.)  I'm not interested, so that one was simple enough to handle.  

The next one was a bit of a different story, because I wasn't interested in him to begin with and was even less interested (a feat I hadn't thought possible) when he admitted in his second note to me that he is married.  Really?  What does your wife think of you attempting to hit on women to ask them out for "dinner and drinks"?  

I figure the third one will be some psychopathic killer who secretly thinks I'm their reincarnated dead and despised mother.  Oh, the joys of singleness.  

No matter what comes crawling out of the woodwork next, you can bet that I will shoot them down with the verbal marksmanship that comes only from having been recently sent on my way.  My heart's compass still points elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment